Sunday, April 01, 2007

Turning Over a New Leaf

My new favorite sports bar is now Indigo Joe's which just opened last week over on Barnes and Powers. Aside from having over 32 plasma High Def screens everywhere, they also have - get this - 32 ounce mugs. They're frakkin' gigantic. After downing 3 of those (Nay had four) plus a comparatively tiny bottle of Pyramid Hefe and Great Divide Raspberry Wheat, needless to say there was much drunken discourse while we watched the Gators put a choke hold on UCLA (that was an ugly game). During our drunkenness the Assistant Manger Craig, who looks and sounds a lot like a slimmed down version of Chris Farley, informed us that they may possibly be getting 44 ounce mugs soon. Woooo Nelly! Ya, like I need a 44 ouncer (or three) sitting in front of me.

Plus they had one of the coolest things I've seen in some time. Ya know how you go to sports bars to watch your favorite team play? But usually they only have one game (that you could care less about) with the volume up loud enough? Indigo Joe's has a little gadget reminiscent of the the old drive in speaker boxes. This wireless speaker box gets dropped off at your table and can be changed to any one of the games being played. You can even turn up or lower the volume. Very cool! We might be cancelling our DirecTV this year and hanging out at Indigo Joe's!

On a different note... I've had a few "rousing" "discussions" on a few forums that I frequent recently and it's come to my attention that I'm somewhat of an opinionated chap. Stubborn at times too. Some have even called me racist. So, after partaking in what amounted to an incredibly obnoxious amount of beer imbibing and soul searching last night I've decided to become a gentler soul. Less Mad Man, more Compassionate Man. Kinda like the Dalai Lama.

No, hell has not frozen over. But as I approach 40 (less than a week away now) I figured now is as good a time as any to stop being so critical and judgmental, and just do what the Dalai would do, ya know? Um... April Fools!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha! FRAK THAT! Are you kidding me? Ya, the world needs another spineless, bleeding heart puke (not saying the Dalia is that mind you) unwilling to stand up and shout out the vulgar wrongs of our society.

As I always say "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."

By the way, if you're curious about the history behind April Fools' Day, check it out here.

No comments: