Friday, January 18, 2008

The Apocalypse is Nigh!

My buddy Steven just dropped this movie trailer on me.



SWEET!

The Internet Movie Database describes Doomsday as such:
Great Britain, 2007. A deadly plague, known as the "Reaper Virus," has broken out, killing hundreds of thousands in its wake. In desperation, the British Government evacuates as many survivors as it can out of the infected area, and then builds a wall, preventing the remainder from escaping. Thirty years later, with the wall still up and the victims all but forgotten, the virus breaks out again. The Government decides to send a crack team of operatives, led by Major Eden Sinclair, into the hot zone to investigate the possibility of a cure.

It's directed by Neil Marshall (the guy who made the fantastically scary indie movie The Descent), so I have high hopes! Based on the trailer it looks like a combo between 28 Days Later and The Road Warrior movies, and Escape from New York. Just a few of my fave flicks of all time! I can see the tag lines now: "The Road Warriorette... 28 days of the month!"

I'm a post-apocalyptic fiction nutter. I love any book, story, comic, movie, TV show, video game, etc., that deals with the end of the world. This flick is right up my alley! Can't wait!

No comments: