Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Cleaning

Since Spring has sprung - don't mind the snow storm we had yesterday (a typical Spring thing in Colorado Springs) - I want to address a few things that have been collecting dust under my desk here at the Asylum.

First, comments can be left to any one of my rambling diatribes by clicking on the comments link located under each and every blog entry.

Whether you agree with me or not, think I'm full of hot air (like AndyW) or just downright crazy (a mad man perhaps?)... let me hear about it. Discussion is good for the soul.

Secondly, some of you have asked how I got my "Ramblings of a Mad Man" logo. Interesting story. As most of you know, I'm a geek wrapped in a linebacker's body. I play (and write about) video games, love science fiction (shows and books), and dig all things super heroes. For a great deal of my youth (I can say that now that I'm almost 40) I collected comic books, went to comic conventions and worked in comic book stores. While I haven't actively collected since the mid-to-late 90's I still snag the occasional graphic novel or comic now and again. But to this day I still have a ginormous collection.

A handful of years ago, before I became the "Mad Man," I was looking for a good comic book database program to log and keep track of everything I had. At some point I stumbled across a great program created by Francis Moon called Realms of Wonder. Lo and behold the product "mascot" was a comic character created by a friend of his (both names escape me now, sorry!). It was perfect. So, I got permission from both Francis and the artist, added the "Ramblings of..." in the chaotic font and BAM! History was born... so to speak.

No comments: