Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Podcasting the E3-ject!

Sorry, can't take credit for the word "E3-ject." That goes to Robin Yang, GameDaily's very own intern, who, like myself, is not attending this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (aka E3).

Aside from most of the GameDaily staff attending the all new and hopefully improved video game industry convention this year, my good buddy Terry Terrones (and his ever faithful sidekick - aka his wife) will also be there. Terry and his brother Phil do a weekly podcast about gaming, movies, sports and whatever British stuff pops into their noggins. Last night I was honored to be their first official guest to the show. If you're inclined to give a listen, go here and give Episode 8 a whirl. Or you can pop over to Terry's blog and listen to it via the applet on the right hand column. We talk about E3, the movies “Once” and “Transformers”, competitive eating, and I got to participate in their weekly feature - Choose Your Poison. Phil asked me 5 brain busting questions that I had to answer on the spot. I had a great time and would love to come back!

Speaking of E3... the best place on the Web to get all your live blogging and conference feeds from this year's invite only E3 is GameDaily's Live E3 Coverage Page. Why should you care? Unless your an industry person, you can't get in. Period. That's right.. no more basement dwelling, foul smelling, brother's mother's third cousin's friend of the 30-something dork who works at the local GameStop store allowed this year. Finally. My one horrific visit to E3, which should have been like a pilgrimage to Mecca, was more like a visit to Dante's third level of Hell.

I'm very curious to see how the new E3 - an event now focused back on gaming industry journalists - plays out this year. I might consider going again. Might.

No comments: